I’m not sure what it is about mini muffins, but Anna cannot keep her hands off of them. It doesn’t matter what I put in them or how often I make them, they are her absolute favorite. So when it came time to make her some snacks for camp, the first thing she asked for was muffins. Mini blueberry muffins to be precise.
Never one to refuse her requests for cooking together, I added muffin making to our #the100dayproject list for the week.
When it came time to make the muffins, Anna asked to take the lead, meaning she wanted to do everything by herself … except crack the eggs. Apparently that makes her hands too dirty and she didn’t feel like washing them again. So she measured the ingredients, used the hand mixer all by herself, and even folded in the blueberries with ease while I cracked the eggs and got my hands dirty.
I also got to sit back and watch her do her thing, which makes my heart so darn happy. I seriously love how cooking helps her feel a sense of pride and independence.
I have to say that my favorite part about making mini muffins is how quickly they cook compared to regular sized muffins. 12 minutes and they are ready to come out of the oven. 15 minutes total until we can pop them in our mouths.
We were both happy with the results of our baking efforts and may or may not have eaten a combined total of 10 muffins the minute the were cool enough to eat (most of which was not by me, by the way). Fingers crossed we actually have a few left for her snack tomorrow when camp starts. ?
How To Make Mini Blueberry Muffins
- Mini Muffin Pan*(or Silicone if you prefer)
- Cooking Spray
- Large mixing bowl*
- Hand Mixer* (or wooden spoon)
- Measuring cups*
- Measuring spoons
*This is an affiliate link. I make a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase it through the link.
Mini Blueberry Muffins
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk (nut or cow)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray your mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oil and sugar. Add in eggs and lightly beat with a hand mixer and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Grab your large bowl with the egg, sugar, and oil mixture and, using your hand mixer alternate between adding the flour mixture and the milk. It should go flour, mix, milk, mix, flour, mix, milk, mix, flour, mix.
- Fold in the blueberries to the bowl and gently fold to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the muffin tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Continue until all batter has been used.
- Store in the refrigerator or freeze so you can grab and go whenever you want one!