I would like to preface this post by saying that Anna does not eat meatballs of any kind let alone honey sriracha meatballs. In fact, the only kind of meat she likes is of the hot dog variety. So I’m posting this for this for the grown-ups because they are seriously delicious and easy to make. If you happen to have a kid that eats whatever you put in front of them, a.) I’m insanely jealous and b.) make these stat.
At one point in time (maybe two years ago now), Anna got super into the idea of meatballs thanks to an episode of Daniel Tiger where they showed an actual kid making meatballs and then eating them. She proceeded to ask me a million and one times to make meatballs so that she, too, could touch raw meat. She even tried a few bites of it the first time she made them and proclaimed how delicious they were.
Excited by her newfound love of meatballs, I made them again a week or so later. She still wanted to help make them and roll them into balls but flat out refused to eat them.
Even though she had professed her love for them.
A week prior.
KIDS ARE SO WEIRD.
I stopped trying to cater to her tastes after that and just made what my husband and I liked. I made honey balsamic meatballs, kung pao meatballs, and a few other varieties which were all tasty. And then I totally fell of the meatball making bandwagon and stopped making them altogether.
That is, until today, when I tried my hand at these honey sriracha meatballs. They are seriously delicious and take a little over 30 minutes from start to finish. I paired the meatballs with some jasmine rice and steamed green beans tonight (which Anna actually ate with her hotdog) and they were almost gone. We only had 4 out of 14 left over at the end of dinner. I’m just happy we had any leftover so that I could snap a few pictures to share with the recipe.
The only thing I would do differently next time is to make a double batch so we could enjoy a few more leftovers.
Because they are seriously that good.
This recipe was inspired by The Slow Roasted Italian’s Sriracha Honey Slow Cooker Meatballs.
How To Make Honey Sriracha Meatballs
*This is an affiliate link. I make a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase it through the link.
Honey Sriracha Meatballs
- 1/3 cup sriracha sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice (approx. 1 lime)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbs milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 stalks green onions, green parts chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a measuring cup, combine sriracha, honey, and lime juice. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, green onions, 2 tbs of honey sriracha sauce you just made, and egg. Mix with hands until all ingredients are combined.
- Form into meatballs (I got about 14) and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until insides are no longer pink.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey sriracha sauce. Garnish with additional green onions if you want or leave it be.