Want a kid-approved treat that’s as easy as it is delicious? These chocolate dipped marshmallows covered in rainbow sprinkles are just that. Kid-approved, easy, AND delicious.
When I told Anna what we were making today, her eyes got really big and she couldn’t speak for a few beats. It helps that I combined all of her very favorite treats: chocolate, marshmallows, and rainbow sprinkles into one delicious project. (I’m pretty sure I win mom of the year award for that one.)
This is a great activity for letting your little take the lead and have some fun. All you need are some jumbo sized marshmallows, a bag of your favorite chocolate chips, some sprinkles, and a microwave. The rest is just a matter of dip, dip, dipping. And, of course, some lick, lick, licking.
What? You’re bound to get some chocolate on your fingers. WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THAT?!
How to make chocolate covered marshmallows with rainbow sprinkles.
- Baking sheet*
- Wax Paper or Parchment Paper*
- Microwave safe bowl*
- Spoon or spatula* for stirring
- Chocolate Chips
- Jumbo Marshmallows
*This is an affiliate link. I make a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase it through the link.
Chocolate Covered Marshmallows With Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 cup chocolate chips*
- 1/2-1 tbs tbs oil
- jumbo marshmallows
- Line your baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside. Pour about 1/4 cup of sprinkles into a small bowl or plate and set aside.
- Combine chocolate and oil (if using) in small microwave safe bowl and heat on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir and return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir to make sure all pieces are melted. If you still have a bit to go, continue in 15 second intervals until chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip marshmallows halfway in chocolate and then gently tap the chocolate side of your marshmallow into the sprinkles until it is covered and place sprinkle side down on your wax paper lined baking sheet. Continue until you have the amount of marshmallows you want or you run out of chocolate (whichever comes first).
- Put baking sheet in refrigerator (or freezer) until chocolate hardens.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Pin for later: