Make sure to bookmark this banana bread recipe because it’s an absolute winner. The bread is moist, sweet but not overly so and just plain delicious. It also uses up 4 ripe bananas (yay!) and is dairy-free without even trying (double yay!).
For some reason, we’ve had a ridiculous amount of bananas on the verge of going bad in our house this week. When I asked Anna what we should do with them, I expected her to say something along the lines of chocolate banana muffins or frozen banana bites. But she surprised me and requested banana bread.
The surprise didn’t last long because two minutes later she requested to watch a show. Of course, she got pretty angry with me when I told her no because I had already started making the bread with her (KIDS).
Don’t worry, this story has a happy ending. She got over her righteous indignation and helped me finish making the bread. I even let her take the lead and be in charge of putting everything into the bowl and stirring it until it was just right.
Aaaand, then I let her watch her favorite show. Because I’m nice like that. And I also had a really big mess to clean up. 😉
How To Make Banana Bread
- 9×5 Loaf Pan*
- Cooking spray
- Flour for dusting
- Super ripe bananas
- Potato Masher* (optional)
- Oil (I use Canola or Safflower, but any oil will work)
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking soda
- Flour (regular, unbleached, or whole wheat)
*This is an affiliate link. I make a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase it through the link.
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, mash bananas with potato masher (or hands, feeling frisky).
- Add oil to the and stir to combine.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla or almond extract.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last, mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and put into preheated oven.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack. Slice and serve.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.