Made with 5 simple ingredients, this easy (low-carb) buffalo chicken wrap is sure to be your go-to for a quick (and flavorful!) lunch or dinner.
Something I struggle with most days is what to have for lunch. I’m usually trying to do a million different things between getting my youngest lunch and having to whisk her upstairs for her nap, so my own eating needs tend to be an afterthought. I know I could do leftovers, but those never really seem appealing in the moment.
What’s been saving me lately is making sure to have a batch of plain shredded chicken in the refrigerator that I can dress up or down depending on a.) what I’m in the mood for, b.) what I have on hand, and c.) what I’m planning to make for dinner (not that I mind eating the same thing two times in a row).
This week, I’ve been all about buffalo chicken wraps.
To be fair, I’ve always been about the buffalo chicken. I just forget that I can throw it into a wrap and call it delicious. I also have a history of not really loving wraps because they made me feel nauseous and a little uncomfortable. Thank goodness for the Mission brand carb-balance tortillas*; I never feel bad after eating one and the taste and texture is divine.
For the buffalo sauce itself, I tend to go for a more mild option (we are spice wimps over here) and love that there are pre-made versions available that are dairy-free. Some of my favorite store-bought options are Franks RedHot Wings Mild Buffalo* and Noble Made Mild Buffalo*. Both are super flavorful and make putting together this meal quick and easy.
All of that to say … this recipe is for past, present, and future Emily to serve as a reminder of what you can, in fact, have for lunch.
Every. single. time.
Low-Carb Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- 1 Mission carb-balance flour tortilla
- 3 oz cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 oz grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 tbsp mild buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil and shredded chicken. Add 1-2 tbsp of buffalo sauce and stir until chicken is evenly coated. Heat all the way through.
- Assemble your wrap: add lettuce and sliced tomatoes to your wrap and then pile the warmed buffalo shredded chicken on top. Fold the bottom flap of the wrap up and then roll your sides together. This will help the sauce to stay put and not drop all over your hands and clothes. (Ask me how I know.)
*this is an affiliate link