Made from a grand total of 5 ingredients, these chicken and leek burgers are flavorful AND easy to make. Two things that make me a very very happy person. And make it incredibly easy to get a delicious meal on the table pronto.
I love a meal that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. So whenever I stumble upon an idea that allows me to do that, I latch onto it with immense speed. It also helps to make the nights when the kidlets refuse to eat what I make for dinner a little more tenable.
That’s where these chicken and leek burgers come into play. They require a grand total of 5 ingredients (!!) AND can be eaten for any meal of the day. Now that’s my kind of meal.
So how do you make these magical chicken and leek burgers?
You start by chopping a leek (you can use the whites, greens, or whites AND greens). Sautée them in some oil and then add it to your ground chicken. Add in little bit of minced garlic or a sprinkle of garlic powder and some salt and mix it together with your hands. Form the mixture into whatever size patties you fancy and then pan fry them until they are cooked all the way through. (A meat thermometer* is your friend with these.)
I love them paired with a leafy green salad, roasted brussels sprouts, some green beans, or even breakfast potatoes. But feel free to pair them with whatever tickles your fancy.
*this is an affiliate link
Chicken + Leek Burgers
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup leeks loosely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced (or 1 clove)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in leeks and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add in minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes more. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and let cool for a few minutes.
- Add in ground chicken and mix to combine with your hands. Form into patties (I generally make 4-6 depending on what size I want them).
- Using the same frying pan as before, add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil and heat over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 5-7 minutes per side or until chicken is fully cooked (internal temp should be around 160°F).
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!