These Low-Carb Thai chicken lettuce wraps are our new favorite meal. They are bursting with flavor, have just the right amount of heat (at least for the grown-ups), and contain a whopping 7g net carbs per serving. The best part? They take less than 30 minutes to make, from start to finish. You’ll definitely want to make them again and again (and again).
I always forget how good lettuce wraps are. They just never are top of mind for me when it comes to dinner or menu planning. So when I stumbled upon a recipe for lettuce wraps from A Pinch of Healthy, I knew it was time to try them again. I also figured there was a good chance that the kids would like them since they were fun finger foods. (Side note: I did pull out some of the chicken to keep plain for the kids since the sauce is fairly spicy, so if you have littles that can’t tolerate spice, make sure to leave some plain.)
Anna, my notoriously picky eater, is really into lettuce so I was hopeful that these would be a slam dunk for her. I’m happy to report that she did enjoy the lettuce wraps (minus the sauce bc it was way too spicy for her), though that was more for the lettuce than anything else about the meal. Mia, on the other hand, took two bites and then promptly asked for something else claiming that her plain chicken was ”too spicy.” (Toddlers, man.)
The hubs and I were way more impressed with the dish than the kids were. We both thought it was absolutely delightful and will definitely be making this one again in the future. In fact, my husband was so impressed with the dish that he asked repeatedly if I had shared this one yet “because it was too good not to be shared.”
So here I am.
Sharing this recipe.
Because it’s too good not to share.
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Low Carb)
- ¼ cup low sodium tamari or soy sauce coconut aminos
- 1-2 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice one lime
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 16 oz ground chicken
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1 tsp 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup cashews chopped
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves removed rinsed, and dried
- Combine tamari, garlic chili sauce, lime juice, and maple syrup in a small bowl or measuring cup and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add in the onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken to the pan and cook, breaking up the chicken into smaller pieces, for about 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Add in cashew pieces and stir to combine. If you have littles (or bigs) who don’t like spice, make sure to pull aside some chicken now.
- Add sauce and stir until everything is evenly coated. Reduce heat to low and let cook for another 2-3 minutes more. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the carrots and green onions.
- To make your lettuce wraps: take a large lettuce leaf and add a spoonful or two of the chicken mixture. Devour.