I was a little worried that last week’s menu was going to get boring with all of the different potatoes featured. Turns out, it was one of our best ones yet. Each dish was really flavorful and interesting and not at all boring. Our favorite dishes were the Sweet Potato + Black Bean Quinoa Bake and the Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, and Green Beans. Both were surprisingly tasty.
This week’s eats are all about those Asian flavors. I would have added another dish (Pad Thai) but thought that was overkill. I’m sure it will make an appearance next week. ?I also added a turkey dish (hello Thanksgiving dinner) because it’s a solid choice no matter what. And we haven’t had turkey for a while.
One thing that I’m starting to notice with all of this tracking is how we tend to eat the same thing over and over again. We have our favorite veggies and our favorite flavor profiles and tend to stick to them week after week. What can I say, I like predictability.
I might need to challenge myself to try one completely new food each month.
While I’m chewing that over, here is our menu for the week.
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef with rice and sautéed vegetables
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast with mashed potatoes and green beans
- Kung Pao Cauliflower with rice and steamed broccoli
- Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder (my recipe) with salad
- Spaghetti (or gluten-free ravioli) and Tomato Sauce (my recipe) and salad
The printable + shopping list: